It is the ethos here at Ormiston Victory Academy, that all students, regardless of their socio-economic background, should have the chance to thrive and flourish both academically and personally within our academy.
What is Pupil Premium (PP)?
The Pupil Premium is additional funding received by Ormiston Victory Academy to help improve the attainment of disadvantaged students. Students are eligible for Pupil Premium funding if:
- they are currently eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) or have been eligible in the last 6 years (Ever 6 FSM)
- they have been designated as a Looked After Child (LAC) for more than 6 months, including children who have now left care (for example children who have been adopted)
- they are a child whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces
Is my child eligible for Free School meals (FSM)?
If your child is currently on FSM or has been over the past 6 years, the academy will receive the pupil premium payment. In order to be eligible for FSM you must receive one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit – with an annual earned income of no more than £7,400 after tax
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
If you would like to check to see if you are eligible for free school meals, please visit the Norfolk County Council website to apply online. Alternatively, you can print this form (also available on the NCC website); your completed form should either be returned to the main academy office or sent to: Free School Meals, Norfolk County Council, Floor 8, County Hall, Norwich, NR1 2DL. Alternatively you can complete the online form here
If you would like any support with the application process, please speak to Ms Bardwell or email her directly at [email protected]
What does it mean to be a PP student here at Ormiston Victory Academy?
- Experience high quality teaching
- Support from the pastoral team (Mrs Adcock) to support with well being and progress
- Enrichment opportunities (trips, clubs, music lessons)
- Academic Support (academic tutoring, VIP team, small group tuition)
- Careers appointments and support with post 16 choices
If you have any questions relating to any of the above, please email [email protected] for more support.
Click here to view our Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2022/2023